Jalapeno Popper Wontons
c/o Stephanie Cooks Blog
1 package refrigerated square wonton wrappers
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Arrange wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of the filling to the center of each wonton (don't overfill them). Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and run your wet fingers around all edges of each wonton. Fold the wontons over the filling, pinching the edges to seal to make a triangle and removing any air bubbles.
3. Fry wontons in batches in hot oil until browned and cripsy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve warm.
S'mores Ice Cream Cake
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 16 ounce jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well blended. Press mixture into a 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes. Cool and then place in freezer for an hour.
Layer One: Spread chocolate ice cream over frozen crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips over ice cream. Freeze for two hours.
Layer Two: Spread the entire jar of marshmallow fluff over the chocolate layer. Freeze for two hours.
Layer Three: Spread vanilla ice cream over marshmallow fluff. Freeze for two hours.
Frosting: Whipped butter and sugar together unless fluffy and smooth. Spread around top and sides of frozen cake. (Don't aim for perfection in frosting technique. It isn't going to happen.)
Bacon, Sausage & Eggs Breakfast Pizza
c/o Danica's Daily
- 16 oz Fresh, Pre-Made Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsp fat free mik
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chives, divided
- 3 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- 3 Jennie-O Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausages, cooked
- 2 oz low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. While the oven preheats, prepare your pizza dough by rolling it out on a pan or stone and poking it all over with holes. Pre-bake the dough for 8 minutes.
2. Remove, top with pesto and tomato slices. Bake for 8 minutes. While the pizza bakes, whip up your scrambled eggs and prepare your pizza toppings.
3. Whisk together the eggs, parmesan, 1/2 the chives, milk, sea salt and pepper. Cook in a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray over medium low heat, until scrambled and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove pizza from oven and add toppings starting with eggs and finishing with remaining chives. Bake for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.