Monday, September 20, 2010

Too Soon.

Happy Monday everyone!

It was a whirlwind weekend for me. I went up to Connecticut for some fabulous BF's family birthday activities. Weather and party was so much fun, but I'm happy to be back in DC. Too much suburbia weirds me out after a while. I'm a concrete and sirens kind of girl.

If you missed it, you can read my guest post over at Makeunder My Life for my September Dos and Donts list. Thanks Jess for letting me be a part of MML!

Today's post is about what it is too soon for. Believe me, I'm just as excited as everyone else for fall. I'm over the twice a day showers from heat induced sweat walks to and from work. I hate humidity as much as the next person, especially when it comes to limiting my clothing options to bare minimums. BUT, here are some of the piece of fall apparel that I frown upon seeing this soon in September. It's not that cold people.

REI, Mountain Hardware Monkey Fleece Jacket, $99

Zappos, Rocket Dog Fuzzy Clog, $42*
* these are NEVER ok.

Newport News, Stretch Velvet Pants, $44

Halogen, Novel Wool pencil skirt, $51

Trust me, you will have MORE than enough time to break out the sweaters, houndstooth, herringbone, corduroys, and whatever else winter wear you love. High 60s does not equal fleece, try a trench or cotton safari coat. Be strong, cold is coming sooner than you know it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love this! Hate when people overdo it so soon :) Also, saw your post on MML and I LOVED every word! Please post those lists every month. Or more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh! So true!!

    It's like here in Englad in the summer, at the first sign of even one ray of sushine, everone goes out in beachwear and shorts (okay, maybe not everyone....).

    ReplyDelete

Hey lovebug! Thank you so much for you comment. I just loved spending time with you and I hope you come back again soon! TCB.